Hello to all,
It is possible to make a parachute jump from 8 years old. It is also possible to do this type of activity from 16 years old but it is important to train well because a parachute jump requires a good physical condition.
What are the benefits of skydiving for seniors?
If you are elderly and want to try an extreme sport activity that is compatible with your health, skydiving is a great option. Seniors tend to come down more slowly than non-elderly people. While skydiving can be done by anyone, the specific benefits for seniors are
- Skydiving is an activity that has a strong positive impact on the mind and heart. These two organs that naturally decline as we age are delighted to receive additional stimulation.
- Seniors who skydive significantly reduce the risk of premature death from a fall.
- Older people who skydive also have better physical and mental endurance.
If you're ready for some unforgettable adventures, a skydiving jump is ideally suited.
What are the different forms of training for skydiving?
If you are interested in skydiving, your first thought will undoubtedly be to consider the different forms of training available to achieve the goal. Here is a list of the different skydiving techniques available and the advantages and disadvantages of each:
- The Freefall Technique
- The Technique of the OnStar Parachute
- The Technique of Parachuting Horse
- The Technique of Parachuting Without a Show
This list is not exhaustive. The different trainers and skydiving coaches can suggest you to work with one or more of these techniques at your own pace and according to your objectives.
The Freefall Technique is probably the most well known and is also the easiest to learn. It consists of jumping without a parachute. If you know how to climb, it's not too hard to perfect the Freefall Technique.
The OnSight Skydiving Technique is particularly suited for people who want to learn skydiving in a group. It consists of jumping with a parachute attached to an underwater parachute, a platform or a tree. This technique is more difficult to learn than the Free Skydiving Technique, but it offers a greater sense of danger and a greater sense of escape.
The Horse Parachuting Technique is likely to be used for people who wish to practice parachuting on mountains or flying skis. It consists of jumping with a parachute attached to a horse. This technique is relatively easy to learn and offers an exceptional feeling of freedom.
The No Event Skydiving Technique is particularly suitable for people who want to go skydiving alone. It consists of jumping with a parachute attached to you. This technique is difficult to learn and requires a lot of courage.
What are the dangers of skydiving?
If we know that the risks of skydiving are real and serious, we could think that it is a safe sport. It is the opposite! Skydiving is an extremely dangerous sport that can cause serious injuries if the rules are not followed.
Here are the main dangers of skydiving:
- Accidents: The biggest concern is about accidents. Approximately one third of skydivers are injured during a skydive. Many of these injuries result in scars that are not easily repaired. These injuries can be serious or even fatal. In addition, accidents can also cause property damage.
- Falls: Falls are also a major cause of injury. Although not as serious as those caused by accidents, they can be serious enough to cause health problems.
- Cardiovascular risks: skydiving is associated with high cardiovascular risks. These risks can have serious life consequences, including high blood pressure and kidney failure.
- Neurological risks: it is mostly young people who make parachute jumps. In order to discourage this type of activity, some countries have put in place restrictive laws, notably in France. These restrictions can have an impact on the sport and, more generally, on the freedom of our fellow citizens.
In conclusion, it is important to follow the rules of skydiving to avoid serious risks.
It is important to know the benefits and risks of each type of skydiving in order to choose the right age to do it. It is recommended that you be 18 years or older for a regular skydive, 24 years or older for a skydive above 3,000 meters and 30 years or older for a skydive above 10,000 meters. These figures are for guidance only and are not absolute.